- A CURRENT TOWER ID MUST BE PRESENTED AT CHECKOUT (must be scannable)
- 2 Day checkout for most items (48 hrs)
- All items must be returned on time to avoid a 12 month restriction.
- Only one video or audio playback or recording device is permitted per checkout.
(ie: You may not check out more than one camera, or PA system)
- Students must be currently enrolled in classes and provide their course name/number & contact information upon check-out.
- Customers must agree to an end-user agreement stating that the equipment will be safe, secure, and returned in the same condition.
- If the loaner equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, or the checkout term is being abused, the customer will be restricted from accessing loaner equipment for 12 months.
- If the loaner equipment is stolen, a UPD report must be filed and a copy provided to the equipment loaning Service Manager.
- IMS staff may contact customers regarding equipment checkouts, via any contact method provided by SJSU or at checkout.
Thursdays: Items checked out on Thursdays must be returned on the following Monday at or at or before the exact time of checkout.
Fridays: Items checked out on Fridays must be returned on the following Monday at or before the exact time of checkout.
There is no checkout during Spring & Winter Break
CHECKOUT RENEWALS - General
- If more time is needed to complete your project, you may call to request a renewal. If the item is not booked by someone else, you may renew the checkout for 1 more day.
- For HD & DSLR Cameras please see section below.
- PA SYSTEMS
- No checkout for off campus or fraternal organization events.
- No student may check out PA Speaker systems over night.
- HD & DSLR CAMERAS - Checkout & Renewals
FAIR CHANCE POLICY STRICTLY ENFORCED
- Due to the popularity of DSLR cameras, depending on availability, a customer is allowed 2 checkouts a week, separated by 24 hours (1 day).
- Renewals: HD & DLSR Cameras may not be extended to ensure that the next customer's booking will not be missed.
- If the HD Camera/DLSR et al, is not returned before or at the exact time & date it is due, the customer will be restriced from checking out equipment for 12 months.