CHECK-OUT TERMS & CONDITIONS
A CURRENT TOWER ID MUST BE PRESENTED AT CHECKOUT (must be scannable)
For 1st time bookings, you will need your DUO authentication fob/code if required by SJSU
Bookings are automatically canceled if the equipment is not picked up within 1 hour of the scheduled pickup time.
- 2 Day checkout for most items (48 hrs)
- All items must be returned on time to avoid a 12-month restriction.
- Only one photography, video, audio playback or digital recording device is permitted per checkout.
(ie: You may not check out more than one camera, PA system, USB microphone...etc)
- Authorization is required for bookings containing larger quantities of like devices.
- Equipment checkout is for academic events only.
- Customers may not check out equipment for usage by another person or organization.
- Students must be currently enrolled in classes and able to provide their course name/number & contact information upon check-out.
- Customers must agree to an end-user agreement stating that the equipment will be safe, secure, and returned in the same condition.
- If the loaner equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, or the checkout term is being abused, the customer will be restricted from accessing loaner equipment for 12 months.
- Lost, stolen or damaged equipment may be replaced by the customer. IMS Staff can provide the customer with the purchase link. A hold may be placed on the customer's account until items are replaced.
- If the loaner equipment is stolen, the customer may replace the items; or a UPD report must be filed and a copy provided to the equipment loaning Service Manager. A UPD officer will contact the responsible party.
- IMS staff may contact customers regarding equipment checkouts, via any contact method provided by SJSU or at checkout.
FAIR CHANCE PROGRAM STRICTLY ENFORCED
If a booking has an excessive amount of equipment, which may prohibit others to successfully teach a class or complete an assigned project on time, we reserve the right to edit the booking to ensure equipment is available and accessible for others.
Thursdays: Items checked out on Thursdays must be returned on the following Monday at or before the exact time of checkout.
Fridays: Items checked out on Fridays must be returned on the following Monday at or before the exact time of checkout.
WINTER & SUMMER BREAK
There is a no checkout period during Spring & Winter Break's bi-annual inventory audit
During Winter & Summer break class sessions, the Student/Intern will need to provide proof of the following:
1. Enrollment in a class (green slip) or employment at SJSU
2. That the equipment is needed for a class project & during class time
3. A letter from the professor on official SJSU letterhead, specifying: Need, duration, & equipment
CHECKOUT RENEWALS - General
- If more time is needed to complete your project, you may call to request a renewal. If the item is not booked by someone else, you may renew the checkout for 1 more day.
- For HD & DSLR Cameras please see the section below.
- PA SYSTEMS
- No checkout for off-campus or fraternal organization events.
- No student may check out PA Speaker systems overnight.
- HD & DSLR CAMERAS - Checkout & Renewals (FAIR CHANCE PROGRAM Cont.)
- Due to the popularity of DSLR cameras, depending on availability, a customer is allowed 2 checkouts a week, separated by 24 hours (1 day).
- Renewals: HD & DLSR Cameras may not be extended to ensure that the next customer's booking will not be missed.
- If the HD Camera/DLSR et al, is not returned before or at the exact time & date it is due, the customer will be restricted from checking out equipment for 12 months.
All Policies are in accordance with the presidential directive and University property procedures, which are designed in accordance with California State University policies as set forth in Sections 3150-3151 of the Integrated CSU Administrative Manual. These policies, in turn, refer to the applicable state statutes and regulations and CSU Executive Orders