Terms & Conditions
SJSU IT IMS LOANING TERMS & CONDITIONS
**COVID-19 Update (8/9/21): SJSU PHASED ADAPT PLAN
Although physical distancing limits are no longer required by Santa Clara County health & SJSU, Indoor masking will remain a requirement at this time. Please make sure to wear your mask during your appointment. In compliance with SJSU's congregation advisories, we are scheduling appointments to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
A CURRENT TOWER ID MUST BE PRESENTED AT CHECKOUT (must be scannable)
- If your tower ID has not yet arrived, please provide your Tower ID number & valid form of ID. IMS will verify your enrollment before your booking confirmation.
For 1st time bookings, you will need your DUO authentication fob/code as required by SJSU
Bookings are automatically canceled if the equipment is not picked up within 2 hours of the scheduled pickup time. Please call if you are running late.
- All items must be extended or returned upon separation from SJSU.
- Only one adapter, photography, laptop, video, audio playback, digital recording device, etc. is permitted per checkout.
(You may not check out more than one like-device at a time without prior authorization)
- Authorization is required for bookings containing larger quantities of like devices.
- Equipment checkout is for academic use only.
- Customers may not check out equipment for usage by another person or organization.
- Customers may not check out equipment for out-of-state (including international) use or travel
- Laptops are for academic use (not for personal use) and must be returned in their original condition; Including, but not limited to: Laptops returned reimaged or with altered operating systems, factory reset, partitioned, or with non-academic or unapproved software installed. IMS is not responsible for data storage or loss upon return.
- Students must be currently enrolled in classes and able to provide their course name/number & contact information upon check-out.
- Customers must agree to an end-user agreement stating that the equipment will be safe, secure, and returned in the same condition.
- If the loaner equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, the customer will be restricted from accessing loaner equipment for a minimum of 1 semester.
- Repeated incidents may result in a 1 year or indefinite suspension.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged equipment may be replaced by the customer. IMS Staff can provide the customer with the purchase link for the lost item or its most recent model. A hold may be placed on the customer's account until items are replaced.
- If the loaner equipment is stolen, the customer may replace the items; or a UPD report must be filed and a copy provided to the equipment loaning Service Manager. A UPD officer will contact the responsible party.
- IMS staff may contact customers regarding equipment checkouts, via any contact method provided by SJSU or at checkout.
FAIR CHANCE PROGRAM STRICTLY ENFORCED
If a booking has an excessive amount of equipment, which may prohibit others to successfully teach a class or complete an assigned project on time, we reserve the right to edit the booking to ensure equipment is available and accessible for others.
STANDARD WINTER & SUMMER BREAK
Checkout will be disrupted during Spring & Winter Break's bi-annual inventory audit & ordering as no classes or academic events are scheduled during that time. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
During Winter & Summer break class sessions, IMS staff will verify proof of the following:
1. Enrollment in a class (green slip) or employment at SJSU
2. That the equipment is needed for a class project & during class time
3. A letter from the professor on official SJSU letterhead, specifying: Need, duration, & equipment
CHECKOUT RENEWALS - General
- If more time is needed to complete your project, you may call to request a renewal at (408) 924-2867.
- PA SYSTEMS
- Small Beltpack PA's for vocal amplification available for all faculty & staff
- No checkout for off-campus or fraternal organization events.
All Policies are in accordance with the presidential directive and University property procedures, which are designed in accordance with California State University policies as set forth in Sections 3150-3151 of the Integrated CSU Administrative Manual. These policies, in turn, refer to the applicable state statutes and regulations and CSU Executive Orders